Wednesday, March 11, 2009

4 miles, 4 miles...

I am into the 4 miles lately...it is a good size run I think. Not too much, not too little. Also it does not take up too much time...unless you run at a snails pace...like I did on Monday. But that is OK. I was thrilled to once again have 75+ some degree temps in NC in march when not 5 days before we had 6" of snow! I wore a sleeveless top for the 1st time in a LONG time...and I wore one of my running skirts...which used to be my fave running item...not so much anymore. It chafed me!! On each of my inner thighs!!! OMG. So either my thighs got fat over the winter (entirely possible) or my legs got used to the running tights providing a nice barrier all winter. And I wore those skirts from May- Oct or so last yr and had no probs.

NOW, the skirt has built in "shorts" under it...but they are super short...not even bike short length, much shorter...they kept riding up, allowing said thighs to rub, lol, and that caused a mess. I could barely walk Monday! GEESH

And I don't wear running shorts b/c those ride up and bunch up and what ev. So who knows what I am gonna do this spring/summer. I need something that doens't ride up. HELP! I guess I could put bike shorts under running shorts but that would look dumb.

I am gearing up for tomorrow's return of the cold...45 high I think? And JUST IN TIME for my Beerun (and it is not called the Bee run as the official spelling looks, but BEER Run) on Sat it will be 45 and rainey! FABULOUS!! Can't wait. NOT.

Mileage YTD: 68
Total Mileage: 283

2 comments:

RunnerMom said...

I love 4-milers. You feel like you accomplished something, but you aren't totally stinkin' tired!

I really like running in capris. No chafing issues. My most expensive Nike running shorts are the worst at chafing. I have a pair of Reebok shorts that are soft and don't chafe.

I've been researching running skirts for a while---there is one by Brooks that is supposed to be good. The compression shorts underneath don't ride up. Ladyfootlocker online has them for about $34.99. I think I'm ordering them.

ashley said...

Shawshank is a classic...especially considering it was originally Stephen King. 75 degrees is awesome...keep up the good work.