Tuesday, March 24, 2009

set out for 5...BARELY got in 3

hmmm...it is soo weird to me why some run days are easy and some runs days are hard. Yesterday? A hard day. I last ran on Friday, 5 miles...was going to run Sunday but felt too blah, lazy and run down. So I figured no big deal..I had run a lot the past week, I will wait till Monday.

Monday I felt kind of tired too (as do I still today...I can feel some funk coming on)...but something about running after work actually works for me...maybe it helps me get rid of the day I had and forget...helps me clear my mind. Either way, I enjoy it. Maybe b/c mostly all winter I could not do it b/c it was dark at 5:30. Now it is light past 7:30. JOY!!!

So I set out at about 5:30 for 5 miles. 1.5 miles into the run, the right side of my right shin/calve started to have a little pain. I tried to work through it but it really bothered me. It took me forever to finish. Almost 39 minutes to run 3 miles. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? Prob b/c MOST of the time I was trotting along...not really running but NOT officially walking. We know how I feel about walking (I DON'T like to do it!). But my TROTTING was almost as slow, if not slower than walking. And I did the first mile in about 11 mins so we KNOW in the last 2 miles I was going almost like a 14 min mile at times. LOL

Anywho...I got to the 3 mile part, leg was a little better but I was CAPUT and had no energy. I think b/c I ate a nasty Quiznos sub for lunch. It was still on my stomach and made me feel run down. So no more Quiznos for me before a run.

Mileage YTD: 89
Total Mileage: 304

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

Hooray for 300 miles!!

We all have those days when the run doesn't quite come together. After running 20 successfully on Friday, I quit at the 1/2 mile mark on Monday because my ankle was hurting. You just never know how it's going to go! Weird, huh?