My last run was Nov 7. I have not run one mile (does up the stairs count? I think not.) in something like 10 or 11 wks since Mom got sicker that day and then passed away Dec 2. I have not had the energy or time or will to do it. I always ran for HER. My road ID band on my shoe says "running for my Mom". So now who am I running for? I am not quite sure.
And, I am scared. Scared I won't be able to do it. Scared I won't be able to get one mile. Scared I will be sore for months on end like I was when I first started running almost 2 yrs ago.
I also feel alone. All of my running buddies have continued on with their runs. Knocked 10 minutes off their half mary times. Competed in more and more races this winter. Are running at LEAST 5-6 miles on wknds. I have done nothing. I used to like to run alone. Would have rather done that. But after the 1/2 class I could only run with other peeps or I would quit. Now everyone is ahead of me and I have no one to run with. Just myself. And if I do that I will turn around and quit way before I would have if I was with someone esle.
HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey. If you want to go out early Saturday morning I'll go with you and we can be slow together :)
I've been avoiding running for a lot of the same reasons including that everyone is doing so well.
You can grab my email off the JLG website or SZD has it :)
You know Maria & I are always there for you, too! Trust me, I haven't knocked off 10 minutes off any time! Liz asked if I would be interested in leading some Saturday Show and Go's ... I wanted to make sure I could run again & not deal with this ashthma crap, so hopefully I'll start helping her soon! You can totally do it!
thanks ladies. I miss leading those S&G's. Those were fun.
You are STILL running for your mom, Jules! She was so proud of your running and I believe that she still is!
Go to a couple S&Gs.. that'll get you back in the groove with lots of different runners. Or, you know Liz would always run with you at your pace.
You can do it!
Post a Comment