I am pretty sure I can mark down Tuesday as the worst run of my life. Pain wise at least. It was to be an easy 2.5 with some friends. At .5 we had to stop for a traffic light...I knew that was bad news, because my right leg (why is it always that SAME LEG??) tightened up. Then we started running again. At 1.6 we were at the beast.of.a.hill. I haven't been in that park since August, specifically because of beast.of.a.hill. Well- at 1.6 I had to walk the last half of the.beast...and the leg tightened some more and I ended up walking about .7 and I could barely walk. It was awful. Slow walker people with dogs were passing me. Old people STROLLING were passsing me. I was miserable. With .2 miles left I was able to run again...with no pain...but when done, it tightened again. BOO.
I think I need some bananas since I am on BP meds (lowers potassium levels)...and maybe more stretching...and maybe more hydration. I am taking off from my 2.5 mile run on Thursday, mostly because I don't have time at ALL that day (meetings, travel, tennis). I could have tried it again today, but I just got my hair DID today, and I hate to mess up a good sleek blow out. (hear me ladies??) So no hair washing till tomorrow night. Which means no running before then. So...I will meet some friends at 7am for 5 miles on friday. UGH. I can't do the 5 on Saturday because we will be out of town...and I hate to put it off till Sunday...so the 5 will be done on Friday AM.
Tomorrow is bananas, water and Tiger Balm day! Hope it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment