Wednesday, December 31, 2008

10k running class...and an official announcement

I will start with the ANNOUNCEMENT first...I am not doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon in March. I am not going to get into or rant and rave or be sad or whatev. I am just not doing it. The reasons I was doing it have gone away and I don't want to do it anymore, nor am I prepared. That's it...don't want to talk about it anymore.

New topic...

I started the 10k running class last night with the Janes. Yes, I have already done a 10k before...back in Oct. Looking back I am not sure HOW I did that! WOW. I am impressed with myself. LOL But I have not run more than just over 3 miles since then. Since the Gobbler I have slacked in my training (prob b/c I have not been in a class...again, that accountability comes in here). I am a slacker. And I have not run more than about 2 miles at each run since Thanksgiving. Whatev. AGAIN: Don't want to talk about it. BUT the new year is approaching...I am turning over a new leaf. Back in training....Thurs night 10k class here I come.

Last night, night 1 of the 10k class was ok...old faces, new faces etc. We did a warm up lap (.25) then ran 2 miles (4 laps). It too me...UGH...23 mins to do 2 miles! UGH Some people passed me that I felt should not have passed me (competitive much?), LOL (newbies, old ladies)...but I was having a toe issue still, and an ankle issue, and a cramp in my calf again....but I am on board. Really. Preparing for a 10k in March!
Wish me luck.

And oh yeah...the New Years day Resolution Run is tomorrow am at 10. No bibs, no chip time, no t-shirts, no registration fee....just bring canned goods and go run. I DO think there is a clock at the end but that is it. And oh yeah, we get a hat. So I am calling it a RUN and not a RACE...b/c if my time is slow I won't feel bad that way. And I have to think since it is New Years DAY, a lot of people will be feeling pretty rough. I hope I am not one of them. So tomorrow should be fun. Just a New Years day RUN with friends and foes! ;) In 30 degree temps!

Mileage YTD: 215.25+

2 comments:

RunnerMom said...

Good for you for making a decision to make running work for you. I took a 10-week 10K running program before I ran the half and it was extremely beneficial. I learned so much and it was a turning point in my running life. It was what made me feel like a "distance runner." It instilled the habit of the once-a-week long run. And having a group like the Janes will give you support and fire up that competitive spirit even on training runs.

RunnerMom said...

Oh, there will be so many more opportunities to train for a half. Enjoy getting stronger and faster at the 10K distance.