Monday, December 29, 2008

this little piggy...

OK, I PROMISE to be a better running blogger in the new year. But honestly, life and the holidays have just gotten in the way.

I did manage to run over the holidays in FL. One nice 2 mile run in my old hometown from when I was a child. I went around the beautiful lakefront...with hubbie (miracle). It was mid 40's maybe and felt great. It was a nice time for the both of us.

I also ran on friday, the day after Christmas. On a nice trail behind my Aunt & Uncles house. I went 2 miles there too. 1 out and 1 back. It was about 80 that afternon so a little warm and humid...but I did ok.

Need to run today but I don't see that happening...prob will run Tues at the Show & GO. Then we have the Resloution Run on New Years Day at 10am. No big deal run...no registration fee...no t-shirts...no bibs...no chip time. Just show up and there is a clock at the finish and you run. Bring 4 canned goods and you get a hat. I can do that. Not expecting a PR at all...just want to get out and start the new year off right. and pray that I can make it 3 miles since I just broke my toe.

Oh wait...I didn't mention I broke my toe? My little piggy that had none...on the right foot. Well I am pretty sure I did...jammed it into a doorway on Saturday night. Didn't know it was "broken" till this AM when I put on shoes for the 1st time. YES, I wore NO shoes at all on Sunday. Stayed home and vegged all day. As it should be the last day of holiday vacation. So I have this toe that my shoes kill...apparently you can do NOTHING for a broken toe. Just maybe wrap it and let it go. HMM....should be interesting. Good thing I keep the little ballet shoe type Isotoner's under my desk at work. They are white (ICK) and unfashionable for the winter season (and any season actually in my honest opinion...hate white shoes!) but they are comfy and will do.

Mileage YTD: 213+

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

OH NOOO!! I hope the toe doesn't set you back too much. Did I ever mention hubby broke his back in July? He had to wear a boot for a while and then he had to buy new wide-width shoes. If it's not better soon, maybe some new wider running shoes will help?

You've got time to heal for the March race.

And yes, you need to keep us informed more!