Well, I took a week off after the Women's Only. For no reason really. Just because, well...life got in the way. Work, committments, husband out of town. I think I have only 2 others times besides last week taken a close to a week off. After VA Beach I took 5 days off. Last wk I took 6 days off. BOO. And I tell you what...I paid for it on my Saturday run. I was supposed to run 5 miles (well actually my plan called for 6 but I decided 5 was better) and I stunk it up. I felt awful and tired a mile into it and I was miserable. At times in the last 2 miles I was basically shuffling to get through it. I had ZERO energy. It took me an hour and 1 min to finish 5 miles. I got back to our meeting point and felt terrible. Like I was going to pass out or be sick. It was horrible. I will rank that run up there in the top 3 worst runs ever.
Tuesday I went out with 2 of the VA Beach gals to pre-run the course for the Boo Bash Dash that is next wknd. The course is a 5k but we decided to go 4 miles just to get in a little more mileage. It was a good run. I ended up kicking it in at the end and felt great. Good run. After that I didn't run again till today (Saturday). I had to miss PACE SCHOOL last wk and this wk because hubbie was out of town. I was not happy about it...but this wk it was rainy and cold on Thurs so I guess it was a good thing I missed it.
SO today was long run day. My plan said 8 (funny how now 8 is a long run...much better than 12, ha). I planned on 5..maybe 6 if I could survive it. One girl was going 8 so we decided we would TRY to go close to that. We ended up all going 8. And it was wonderful. Temps were in the mid to high 40's...it was overcast and awesome!! We were also running along the parts of the same route as part of the Cannonball 1/2 marathon that was going on at the same time. So as we headed back and had about 3-4 miles to go, the 1/2'ers started coming at us. It was pretty cool to be on the other side of a race. A spectator so to speak. I enjoyed cheering them on. Pretty cool. I finished the 8 miles and felt great. As I have said a few times before, I totally could have kept going. Probably not to 12 miles but definitely another 1 or 2 more. Love that.
So I haven't lost it afterall. I am definitely going to do the NC 1/2 again next yr (my 1st half that I pseudo did - and walked ran it). It has moved from May to March so it will be cooler. I am also CONSIDERING the Mistletoe 1/2 in December. Not sure if I want to do it but I might. Need to think hard on that one. I told a friend last night I would do it if I could get back up to 8 soon. We are 7 wks from the race and at 7 weeks out from VA Beach I was doing 8. So I did 8 today.. I have no excuse right??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment