Thursday, October 1, 2009

a 10k, a trial run and running your butt off

Well, I am a little behind. A lot has happened in one week. I ran a 10k last wknd in cool rainy temps. Enjoyable. I ended up busting out in the last mile or maybe mile and a half. I had taken a GU at mile 4 and that got me going. I ended up passing a bunch of men in the end and when I looked down at Garmin, it said 8:30ish at times. I was bookin at. At least for me.

I ended up finishing with a time of 1:05:46. WOOO! A PR for me. But I do have to be honest. The race was just over 6 miles. NOT 6.2 as a 10k should be. So maybe add in another 1.5 minutes to give what my time would have been if it was a full 6.2 miles? That would put me at about 1:07:15 ish? STILL a PR from my 1st 10k that was 1:08.

Or maybe I should just not worry about it and take the PR of 1:05:46? Hmm...what would you do?

Then we move on to Tuesday...where I ran the 3 mile course for the Women's Only 5k that is this Saturday. It is mostly the same course as last yr but with some additional hills added in. GREAT! ugh. But that was a nice run with a good group of Janes.

Then tonight. Lordy. Pace School. Two 200's (one at 58 secs and one at 54 secs)...and two 400's (one at 2:05 and one at...wait for it...1:54. WOOT!) Then some more running at regular paces to total about 2.5 miles tonight. It sucked but was fun at the same time. There are so many Janes from the 1/2 school in Pace School. It is so fun to be back with them again!

No comments: