My running coach created a plan for me a week or so ago. A plan to get back up to at least 6 miles. It is a 10-12 wk plan. That seemed like a long time to get to 6 miles...but she said to "trust the plan". She knew I was thinking she was nutso. Especially when it calls for 1.5 mile runs 2x a wk for the first few wks. I was thinking "this is dumb...I can do much more than that." Today was a 1.5 day. And I was glad it was. HA I appreciated it being only 1.5 and think I will try to stick with this plan.
It is prime racing season, and for the first time since I have started running I will not be doing any races this spring. Last year I did at LEAST one a quarter. This first quarter of 2010 there will be none for me. And I am FINE with that. I just want to run and get back to a decent 5-6 miles so I can run with friends and not be ashamed and out of breath.
Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment