Friday, October 24, 2008

Show & Go...an enjoyable time....and READY (I think) for the 10k!

Last night I did my every other Thurs Show & Go leader thing. The last time one lady showed up and we went about 4 miles. Last night 5 ladies showed up and we went almost 2 miles. That was all they all wanted to do so I was glad about that...b/c I didn't want to run a lot before Sat's 10k. I think most everyone was fairly new and had started with the Women's Only 5k class...so it was nice they didn't want to bust out with 4 miles. Plus, it was cold and I think everyone was ready to get done and OUT OF THERE!

As the S&G leader you don't want to be running ahead of the pack, and it is always good to stick around with the last person in the group so they are not alone. The last person was a friend of mine so we got a chance to catch up and talk. She needed to walk a lot so I kind of jogged and bobbed around beside her at times....and would run up and then back to her...but it was nice. I felt like I was doing a good thing. We finished what would normally be a 20 min run for me in about 26.5 mins. But I didn't care...I was glad I could be there with her and support her. And she said at the end that she was glad I was with her and pushed her...and that she thought that was her fastest time around that route. So I was glad to have helped her.

My other 2 friends that showed up AK & LE (1/2 Mary Disney gals for March 09) were busting out in the front of the group! I was so proud! I wished I could have been up there with them but I knew they understood.

So did I get in a good run and was the sacrifice of a harder, faster run worth it?...YES!! I went a nice SLOW easy 2 miles and helped out a friend...enjoyed the time...was not tired AT ALL...it was a great night!

The 10k is tomorrow at 8am (I am getting nervous just typing that out)..it is supposed to be COLD and RAINY! ick. Always a good combo! Wish me luck!!! I know these are not high goals but I just hope to finish between 1:10 and 10:15 (under 10:10 would be ideal but I know with the rain that will NOT be an option).

YTD Mileage: 156.5

No comments: