Yes, I am a big goob. I went out running....yesterday...at lunch...with co-workers. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful trail. One co-worker just started with the new Janes group 2 wks ago and is doing well...the other is just sort of athletic but doesn't really do much. So we all went out running. We walked the trail a bit then took off. I went out 12 mins....the last 3 mins or so was a HUGE.HILL.THAT.WOULD.NOT.STOP...and I was not going to let it stop me....so I got to the top and was there at 12 mins and turned around. I knew after I did it that I shouldn't have.
Result? Today my thighs hurt...throb...are sore...whataver you want to call it. A real smart thing to do less than 2 days before a race. UGH. I mean I know I can run 3.1 on Sat...but with my sore legs I will be slow and probably regret it. UGH again. I am so mad at myself. I mean I thought COOL, running at lunch during work...with co-workers/friends...how fun....not so much now. But I will push it anyway on Sat. I don't have another race till Oct 18th so I can recoup if need be. And I am running this race for my Mom...so I will put my all into it!
Wish me luck around 9:30am EST! I hope to be done by 10:04 ish...God willing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So, how'd you do?!
I'm ready for a race report!!!
I hope it was a fun race!
Post a Comment