Thursday, October 30, 2008

Running Cold!

My run on Tues night with the Janes group was COLD COLD COLD! It was windy and not sure what temp but COLD! We had a short class, only from maybe 6:00 - 6:45 or so....my group did warm up runs...speed work...more warm up runs...then a mile tempo run and a cool down walk. It was HARD too b/c of the cold. I think with the 2 lap warm up and then the speedwork and then another 2 lap warmup then the 1 mile tempo run...we got in about 2+ miles.

I was gald that I had bought a few things for the cold weather, but quickly realized I needed more stuff. A co-worker who joined Janes this time around with me insisted that she liked shorts and would be fine running in shorts and didn't want to wear pants blah blah blah...I told her she was in for a rude awakening. Sure enought a little ways into the run she was FREEZING! So at lunch yesterday we went to Tarjay and got a few things.

I have posted purchases on my OG blog but never on this running blog...so today is your lucky day. I took the lead from my friend at Of Running & Parenting! I just KNOW you wanna see my purchases from a few days ago and from yesterday. Here we go:



C9 by Champion running tights (I call them pants, b/c they are TIGHT pants...APPARENTLY they are called tights, I am new to this running lingo, LOL) $24.99 I think



more C9 running TIGHTS in Ebony (black, $24.99 I think))


C9 yoga jacket in berry ($19.58)


C9 running jacket in ebony (this is kind of wind breaker material and has a pink lining, $29.99)



C9 Compression PowerCore Cold Mock Turtleneck ($19.99)

This sucker is TIGHT!! I had to get a large!! I guess I could have worn the Med but it felt like I was being squeezed by a boa constrictor. I guess that is why they call it Compression. But boy it sucks you in...I guess that is how it keep you warm. But I don't like tight so I went up a size.



This Asics long sleeve core shirt ($19.99) I think its called. I got it at a local sports store on clearance last weekend prob b/c it was a springy color. Got it in lavender (wearing it in my 10k pix)
Mileage YTD: 165

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

Ok your prices are WAAAY BETTER than mine!!! I'm jealous.

Where did you get the Champion tights? (I may take mine back and get TWO pairs like yours for what I spent!) Were they on the website? Ilike the ones that are more pants-like than tights-like. The tights ones are so thin and everything shows. The pants one have contrasting colors like yours and you know they are made to wear alone.

I think the cold definitely makes us run faster!! Just dress correctly with layers. You'll grow to love it.