Why do I have this thing...this THING about old men passing me while running. I don't wan it to happen. In the Cannonball 5k in Oct I stayed ahead of the Mr. IDon'tLikeHillsSoIWalkThem OldMan until he passed me in the final minutes! MAN that got my goat! Yesterday there was another old man.
I went running at lunch (yeah me!!) on the greenway near work. It was cool and clear and nice out. I started out and right behind me came this old man. Icould tell he had been running a while and he was on my tail. I kept hearing the crunch crunch crunch of the fall leaves...so I knew he was still there. I was not going to let him pass me...so I pushed myself probably too hard for the begining of a run. And 3 mins in I was TIRED! And HUFFING and PUFFING! lol NICE! I almost stoped and said "FORGET THIS!". But I forged on....eventually old man turned around and went the other way. I ended up doing 3 miles and even racing a 3 yr old and his dad at one time. Don't laught, but three yr olds are FAST! This kids kept saying "I am going to beat you!" and he pretty much did. LOL But I eventually passsed them.
Good run...now I can take tonight, my 8 yr anniversary off so I can go eat eat eat! yeah
I love you honey!! Thanks for 8 wonderful years!
Mileage YTD:182
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've been out of the running loop. I'm having a hard time getting in teh groove with my new work schedule (until 7:30- T-Th) But, I am not giving up! BTW, I bought a pair of those running tights on Friday and Sunday they went on sale for 17.99. Took in my receipt and got a 7 dollar price adjustment! I think they'll do it for several weeks, you may want to stop by.
Post a Comment