Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sat Run...25 degrees...19 wind chill! LOVIN IT!

YES, I am officially insane. I went out Sat in 25 degree temps...to do a trial run of the Gobbler 5k (which is on Thurs/Thanksgiving day). BRRR Well, actually it was not that bad...I had my hat, my "tights" my top, another top, a jacket, mittens....I was set. Now I WILL say it was COOL...but I was never at any point freezing. Which was odd to me. And after one of the two 1.6 mile loops, I even took my mittens off.

I went around leisurly at a nice slow pace and enjoyed the surroundings. I was not racing ro trying to beat a time and I enjoyed that. As I passed other runners who I was either 1) passing b/c they were slower (YES!!) or 2) passing b/c they were going around the loop the opposite way, I wondered what motivated THEM to get up at 8am and run in (did I mention this before? ) 25 degree temps.

But great run...35 mins. At a racing speed on that course I would like for my time to be 32 mins or under (31:55 was my time at the Cannonball in Oct). btu I definitely enjoyed taking it easy.

GOBBLE GOBBLE....can't wait till Thursday. I think there are supposed to be 1,000 plus runners??!! LOL Now in a race like that you REALLY need a chip times start...but I bet there won't be one. Just have to subtract some time from the gun time based on when I actually cross the start line. If I remember to set my watch that is!

Mileage YTD: 195+

No comments: