Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2? 3? 4? yes 4

Yesterday I got to have a quick run. I finished up with a work appt early...in enough time to get in a run and still be able to pick up OG before school closed at 6.

Temp? 45 degrees....attempted mileage? 4 miles. One mile in I said "blah, I have an excuse to only go out 1 and back 1...I haven't had a run in a week". Then I thought that I had no excuse. I was not running behind on time. I was not hurting nor was I really tired...so I could go to my 1.5 mile spot and turn around. As I approached that spot I thought "hhmm, what is another .5 miles out to get to my 2 mile mark"...so I went to my 2 mile mark. THEN I turned around. A NICE 4 mile out and back. Enjoyable, slow, 12 min'ish miles...I like it like that when I can just GO and enjoy and be slow. At times I looked at my Garmin and I was around 10:15 min miles...sometimes 10...and in the last .5 I was at 9:30 for a while. But my fave is just when I am moving and not racing. I am a slow runner and I am FINE with that.

Mileage YTD: 53 (inlcuding the 3 miles walked at the beach last wknd)
Total Mileage: 268

* I am ANTSY for some new shoes...whenever I have time I will go out and hunt. But considering I have 14 gift cards in my wallet to 10 different places with $341.35 total on them, it might be a while. HA

No comments: