Will I EVER be able to run again without being rushed? If you read my OG mommy blog you know this from today's post that hubbie has been out of town most of the week...and I was gone on Tues night and Wed day. He was also gone almost all last week. That makes for a jacked up running schedule!! Last night he was due to be home on time I thought...but I got the call that it would not be till 7:30. UGH MAN I can't wait for it to be light later. I LOVED those 8pm runs in the summer when it was still light
So anyway, after some quick thinking I decided to leave work 30 mins early. I got to the park and got stretched and ready for the run by a few mins till 5:00. Then...CRAP. 3 mins into it I realized I had to potty...I had not gone before I left work. HMM...there is a potty at mile .8 miles'ish on my loop...but they close the park to traffic/cars at 5...and I knew the little ranger guy would be going through and locking the doors to the potties. So I booked it..well, booked it for ME...I got to .8 in 8 mins...WITH HILLS. I saw the guy as he was getting into his little ranger minivan at the potties/rest area...I said to him "PLEASE, can I get into the girls?" He was fine w/ that and went around and unlocked it...but it was pitch dark in there...so he had to go turn on the lights in some central location. But I at least got to go. There was no way I could hold it till the 2 mile mark which is about the end of the loop and then until I got to OG's school. So I did my business, thanked Mr Ranger and was on my way.
But right around the corner was Mr.Terible.Hill.I.Hate.So.Much. This hill seems to be a 90 degree angle...wait is that right?? would 90 degrees be STRAIGHT UP? lol anyway, what ev...I was not good in math or physics or whatever class you learn that crap in. I digress...so I made it up the hill...some little old man walking with his family and their dog gave me the THUMBS UP and said "Go get 'em tiger"...at first I though he was talking to his DOG, lol...but he was talking to me. I thought that was sweet.
So I made it. I did 2 miles in enough time to get out of there, get to OG's school and get her and make it to the CLASS part of my running school at 6pm. I was a little bummed b/c they were gonna do some speedwork which I missed out on. But oh well. I got to see my coach...OG got to meet some ladies from class and it all worked out. She said she wanted to watch me run but it was too chilly and I was now getting cold from the sweat and standing still so we left.
Good Enough!
Mileage YTD: 40
Total Mileage: 255
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment