We all (many of us in the Janes group) met Saturday at 9am for a chilly run. I think it was 27 degrees when we started and maybe 32 when we ended. We all took the obligatory group shot with Charlie before we took off. He had already been 5 miles that AM, so this was just his cool down with us. LOL

I am on the front row, 4th from left in the black/pink tights & black jacket
We started out on one of the greenways that I have run on many times. We were a little slow at first…so slow that I almost wanted to run past everyone. But that would have been bad and show off’y, LOL, so I did not. I thought we were just going slow so everyone rounding the 1st corner to get on the greenway could catch up…but no. That was our pace for the entire run! SWEET!! And dummy me forgot to start her Garmin ahead of time. I remembered as we started…and it was “locating satellites” for about 5 mins b/c I was moving…so I had no idea of our pace and how long we had been going.

I ran either right beside him or right behind him for the majority of the run! How cool! We even had our own little conversation about his shoes. He said in his run across America last summer that he went through 1 pair of shoes a day. He is a shuffling runner anyway so he wore down his shoes a lot. He also mentioned that when running the Sahara he went through lots of shoes…mainly b/c he had a lot of Nike’s…Nike’s have a lot of AIR in them…and he was often running over prickly stuff (not sure what that was) and the prickly stuff would puncture his shoes. LOL. He said they had to have a van just for all the shoes…and had to have more brought in. WOW!
you can sort of see my head to the left behhind the lady in front with the light blue jacket

Here I am again, between the lady in the black and the lady in the light blue shirt to the right...I think I was chekcing my Garmin here trying to get the darn satellites to find me!! Charlie is in the blue to the left.
But anyway, we ran out about 1.5 miles…stopped for about 30 secs for everyone to catch up…then went back in 1.5 miles. We then stopped again and some went out for another 2 miles to total 5 (1 out and 1 back). I was on a time crunch so I couldn’t do that…but that was OK. The 3 was nice enough.What a neat experience!! I ALMOST did not get out of bed…but I was so glad I did!
Mileage YTD: 30
Total Mileage on my New Balance shoes: 245

1 comment:
What a neat experiene! And cool that you stayed with him the whole way!
Can you imagine the cost of all those new shoes? I'm choking on the cost of my one new pair.
Post a Comment