I made it to Janes at 7:30 this AM. I was ready for my 5 miler. And I liked the fact that she wanted us to go close to 2 mins slower than our normal pace. I don't think I went that slow...I went at a decent pace though. I know at the beginning a girls Garmin said 10 min mile pace, and my normal pace is CERTAINLY not 8 min miles, so we didn't really stick to the plan, but we ran and did it. We did part of the tennis center parking lot, Grease Alley down once, then into a small part of the Battleground park that is .5 miles, then around the Battleground park and up the beast.of.a.hill (And I DID NOT WALK thank.you.very.much!! yeah!) then back up G.A. to tackle the hill there that I don't like, then the parking lot again...and DONE...5 miles!!
And I did something on this run that I never do really. I chatted. MOST of the time. I met a girl who knows a lot of the same people I do and I found out she was the Mommy of a preemie too! So we of course chatted about that a lot and the miles FLEW BY! WOW, how great!
Maybe I DO need a running partner afterall!! HA
But I was proud...the run was good and not hard really except for a few hills and I feel great! YEAH me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats, sounds like a great run!
I've never run with a partner either and someone recently asked me to run with them. Hoping I'll be able to keep up!
Yay! Sounds good. We did that loop last week & I liked it too. Isn't it funny about the running partner - I've been chatting to people more and it does make the time fly by. Who is the other mom of a preemie? We all gotta stick together!
Post a Comment