Monday, August 24, 2009

12 more miles...like a rock star

I was scared of doing 12 miles again. Not sure why when I knew I had done it before and it could be done. But I just get nervous. I am sure I will be nervous this saturday when I only have to run 8. HA

But the day went well on Sat. We went from SLove all the way out to BM. tht was 6 miles. Then we came back in another maybe 1/5 miles or so and were able to potty and refuel at the Wildlife Center at BM. That was nice. I have never stopped to potty on a run before so I enjoyed that. One bad part about this part of the run was that ET got sick. We passed hre somewhere around 5 miles coming back our way walking. She felt ick and apparently wanted to be sick. BW her little one had been sick too she told us that AM. So we think she got his funk. Poor ET, we felt bad for her...knowing that she is too hard on herself and would beat herself up over it. But I know ET that you are reading this...and it is no biggie. You take care of yourself and the running will take care of itself girl. You can do this!!

Anyway, after the refueling, we started to head back. It started to rain slightly and it was nice...even under the tree cover of the greenway, we got some rain. AND I became speedy mc speedster again. There is part of the greenway that is slightly uphill on the way out...gradual you know...and on the way back it is...yep...slightlydownhill. And it rocks. You can't see if but you can feel a difference. I kept up w/ a pack of 3 ladies (not in our group) at under a 10 mile pace for a good amount of time. Then the trail flattened out and I slowed down. But it was nice!!!

It took me oddly enough (even with all of my busting out and less hills sort of) 2 mins longer this wk to do the 12 miles that it did last wk. But that's ok. I managed to finsh with no blisters and felt pretty good. I got home and took a 1 hr nap, ate lunch, then took a 3 hr nap, then ate Mexican for dinner. As I said on FaceBook...THESE are the reasons I run!!!

No comments: