I am getting my oil changed at the dealership and my laptop battery is about to die...so I need to make this quick. Please ignore any typos or bad spelling (well, I guess you have to do that w/ ALL my posts, but please REALLY ignore them this time).
I went on a cruise Fri with 2 of my BFF's from college. We had a BLAST but I won't get into that here. I did however run on Saturday in the gym with on the dreadmill. I had it set to 9, then 9.5 most of the time. I think their 9 is different from the 9 on the dreadmill at the gym here. I think their 9 is more like a 6 here (6mph) BUT, I was speedy gonzalez. I was going super fast. The treadmills on the ship were in the front of the boat, and while I was on it, we were coming into Nassau. HOW COOL to be coming into port and docking and be running and watching the whole thing!!! WOW. It really motivated me to keep going. I had missed my Sat Jane's run with the girls so I KNEW I needed to get this in. I think I ended up going about 5 )f the 7 scheduled) miles. It was great..I was sweaty...but totally enjoyed it. Then I went to MOW DOWN some serious food in one of the restaurants on board!! Most of what I had was healthy but still yummy! (The breakfast I had on Sunday? Another story...yummy fatty goodness...but I digress.)
I returned late on Monday night after a day of traveling from 9am getting off the boat to returning home in my hometown airport at 8:30 pm. Exhaustion at its finest! I was not going to get up and d the 5:45 am w/ my girls. So I decided on the dreadmill at the gym since I busted out and did AWESOME on it on the cruise. Uhhmm...NOT SO MUCH. I tried to start out at 9 (not yet knowing their 9 was our 6, LOL) and about fell off the thing and through the glass window overlooking the tennis courts behind me. I QUICKLY bumped it down to 6 and did that for a while. Very soon (1 mile) my legs cramped up in the front and I was in pain...I stopped and walked...then started running again...then could run no longer...and walked...then ran some more. Maybe got in 2 miles??!! What is UP WITH THAT!!!??? UGH, I was so mad and I finally said FORGET THIS and left! Then I got home and felt exhausted and run donw. And I am kind of feeling that way today. A little funky! Lets hope I dont have some freaky tropical funk. And now that I think about it, maybe it is my BP meds. I did take 2 withing about 18 hrs of each other,,,and took the other one about 21 hrs later. maybe I have low BP hence the feeling weird.
BUT, anyway, I am behind on my miles...I have a 5 mile run in the AM that will prob SUCK...AND, I leave for the beach on Sat AM early for 4 days and I will NOT be running 9 miles on Sat at the beach. So I will AGAIN miss my Jane's run...9 miles at that. So maybe I will do 9 tomorrow??? See if anyone just wants to keep running with me, not stop at 5?? LOL
DRAMA....and the race is just 4 ish wks away. I cannot be slacking now. I am stressing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment