I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT! I meant to do a little post earlier this week about the race...and the fact that I thought the course was a little shorter than 2 miles.... b/c I KNEW there was NO WAY I did the course in 19.1 mins.
Well, last night at running class I found out that...indeed...it WAS short...we were supposed to have turned at a certain street but the dork volunteer directing the race was standing at the wrong spot telling us to turn...so we skiped about .3 miles of the race! UGHHHHHHHHHHHH I am sooo mad!!!! All of the 2 milers went a different route....luckily for the 10k people, he figured it out before they came through...or they would have been PO'ed and killed him. Those guys were die hard and were really running for time.
So anyway, I still ran the race in 19.1...but only went about 1.7/1.8 miles....BOOO
I am mad that my 1st race was botched! Just makes me realize that that race was NOTHING compared to what I will be doing Friday AM....3.2 miles. We'll see.
But....Last night was my last official Janes run with the group....I ran for 31 minutes straight, no walking...tons of hills....I think it was close to 2.8 miles or something like that. She (our instructor) said it was about 3 from where we started...but we started by walking a short ways...so I am guessing I went about 2.8'ish. I won't run Thursday so I can be ready for Friday. I might run maybe a mile or so tonight. And I have my 4th (out of 5) tennis class on Thursday...those practices give me sore legs...I am wondering if I should skip? or just go easy? I don't want to be sore Friday AM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment