Oh the Pain!! I ran last night with ET and it was my hardest run in a long time. And it was HOT!! My legs were still a little sore from the race…but they got worse as I started running. I was only able to go about 10 minutes to start with…what is up with that??!!?? And then we walked for about 3 mins…then ran again for about 7 mins…and I was DONE. So we walked the rest of the way home…sweating like pigs. I am telling you….the temp only said it was maybe 87 but it was awful out there.
I am a little concerned about the pain in my legs. And I am going to be mad if it does not go away. I will just keep at it slowly for now. And our coach DID say to work back into running EASILY, even after a race as small (LOL) as a 5k. I just need to give it a few more days. Good thing is I wasn’t so much tired as it was my legs hurt…usually it is the other way around and I quit b/c of my breathing.
Wish me luck…I have come too far to have an injury! BOO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It is probably not an injury but just still soreness. I am sure you ran faster and harder in the race than you normally do because of the excitement. I haven't checked your bio but you MUST live somewhere in the southern region of the country because your weather sounds so similar to mine. HOT and HUMID. Miserable!!!
It is the Non-Runner's Marathon Guide for Women by Dawn Dais. Honestly, I think it is a great book for anyone who is new to running (like me!!). It also has a training guide for the half marathon which is what I am planning to do. You should get it - she is hysterical.
I spotted your blog on Susan's after I noticed your comment made you sound like you're from Greensboro. Me too! I haven't had a chance to poke around yet, but noticed that you were working toward a 5K. That's one of my, before I turn 30, so I have 10 months left, goals. I would love to know about your program. I tried running 2 years ago with a great, very slow paced program, we bumped up 2x a week, but in very reasonable intervals starting with walking for 30 mins. I got the flu and couldn't finish with my friend, and now I can't find the same program anywhere. I'd love to hear about something reasonable. I always envy girls who run. It always seems so efficient. But I am definitely not a natural. :) Sorry for the long comment...I'm just excited!
Post a Comment