Monday, July 28, 2008

Saturday running while half asleep...

FIRST of all...let me say how proud I am of my friend AK, WK's Mom, for signing up to do the next session of the women's running school! I asked her to do it last time with me when it started in April and her response was "no way, I HATE running!". But, I think she saw how much fun I had last time...and she mentioned it to another friend, and they both decided to do it. So I am so proud of her. She did her 1st assessment on Saturday and did well. I can't wait for us all to run in "class".

I went running Saturday AM too....oddly enough, OG didn't wake up till 9am...and neither did we. So I was a little groggy...and also in a hurry b/c we needed to head out of town to MIL's house for a visit. So, I set out and walked for about 5 mins to warm up...I just couldn't get into it. Then I ran for about 23 mins...and went just over 2 miles on the route that ended at my house. And of course...mile 1 was killing me...and it was HOT!! Breezy to start with....but then the heat came! It was breezy at first but then, yuck...I dumped half my water bottle on me on the 2nd part of the run b/c it was so hot.

I plan on going back out today!

No comments: