Last night Hubbie & I decided to run at the parks with OG in tow in the jog stroller. I was due to run and he wanted to run too so it was nice to be there together. I think all of my running and activity has inspired him and now he is eating well and trying to work out about 4-5 days a week it seems. So good for him! But BOO also...b/c he will drop 10 lbs in 2 weeks....UGH, MEN!!! No fair.
Anyway, we went to run...did our little warm up walk around the parking lots a few times...which for some reason he hates...and so does ET I think...weird...I like it but oh well. Then off we went. As we started out I saw a friend from HS so that was neat....I found out today via an email from him that he runs about 14 miles max at a time soemtimes and he was out last night for a 5 mile run. WOW, I was impressed.
So we are running...I am ahead of hubbie and OG for about 8 mins...then they pass me!!! What's up with that? And as they pass, OG says "Mom, we are passing you...ha ha". UGH..I was like "yeah baby, that's great!!" ha But I was a little annoyed. funny. But then we kept going...they are getting well ahead of me....and once we pass into a new park, hubbie slows down and walks...then I am about to catch up and he runs again.....then walks...then runs.....when all this time I have been running with NO walking, YES!!!!! (can you TELL I am competitive???!! No WONDER I don't like playing sports!) But he is still ahead of me and walking again....then eventually I caught up with him...as I pass OG says "MOM, you aren't supposed to pass us!"...and I said "sorry baby"...and then smirked to myself saying "heh heh, YES!!!" Bad Mommy....
So then I keep going....as usual...thought I was going to die 4 minutes into it...and 12 mins into it...and so on...and somewhere around 20 mins it got better...but it was so hot. I once again dumped my ever handy water bottle all over me most of the time I was running. I DO need water when I run, but I have come to realize I use it MORE to dump it on myself. ha Can't wait for FALL!!
So I got to the killer hill that just keeps going and going...and it flattens out a bit then keeps GOING again...ugh...at the end of that part you get to a LONG parking lot that seems to go on FOREVER. I swear it is half a mile or more. I sooo wanted to stop but I just couldn't...I was on flat area...it was a parking lot and I was 6 mins away from being done. So I kept on...past the soccer fields, past the tennis courts filled with players (how I wished I was doing tennis instead of running)...then there I was. At the start again....back to where it all began about 35 minutes and 3.1 miles earlier. I was proud of myself.
I ran into another lady who has been doing the Janes running group too...we chatted a while. She was nice. And hubbie & OG never showed up....about 10 mins later here they come. I was worried...but apparently....they stopped to talk to someone they knew, and went by the playground. So that was fun for them...but I was still glad I dusted them!!!
The new Janes group starts tomorrow...another 10 weeks of class to prepare for the Women's Only 5k October 4th. The price is only $50 this time as opposed to $100 before....180 women signed up!!! This should be inetersting with a huge group!!! But I am excited b/c about 4 of my friends who haven't done it before are doing it. :) I am so proud of them. GO FRIENDS! But don't try to pass me. ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for sharing the info about Janes. I signed up! Unfortunately, I can't really run just yet because I have a gash on my foot, but I'll be there on Thursday to get the scoop!
I will probably be easier to find. I'll be the one who isn't running! :) I'm hoping I'll be able to do it next week, but I'll definitely be out there "sitting for the cause" tonight!bet
Post a Comment