On Friday I had to work a golf tournament that my work sponsored. I was there from 8:30am till about 11:30. Then I went to a mtg being held at UNCG where I went to college. I was from 12 - 3:30 ish . Being that I was in a shirt w/ a company logo...I did not want to wear that shirt to the mtg. I brought along another shirt and I changed in one of the parking decks where I parked...during class change....with lots fo people milling about. But I am quick and I just pulled my arms out of the one I had one....left my head in...put my arms in my new shirt....pulled off the old one and pulled on the new one. lol I am skilled!
I then decided after my mtg that rather than go sit on my bum at home (b/c OF COURSE I was NOT going into the office) I would go run. So I went home, got my clothes and went off to run.
We were scheduled to eat an impromptu dinner w/ ET, KT & Big Boy (formerly "Baby") Will. We were to meet at 5:45. After dirving home and changing and going back out I was at the park by around 4:35. I ran 4 miles....2 at a pretty good pace and 2 at an OK pace...but HEY...I was out there...and as my one dry wick running shirt says: "There are 2 types of runners...those who run, and those who should"....LOL And I was the one who was running and proud of it...no matter the fact that I went slow in the last mile.
The weather was great, maybe 72 and breezy! I stretched before I ran, then ran and stretched again afterwards for maybe 8 mins. Then....b/c it was 5:35 ish....I climbed into my car and changed clothes...right there in the parking lot of the park! ha Thank goodness my back windows are tinted. I brought a change of everything except new undies...OOPS. Oh well, I think I was ok...I even brought some perfume to take away some of the running funk. I would then shower later.
I even got to the Mexican place a good 10 mins before everyone else....woo...I was proud of myself. I could have EASILY skipped that run saying I didn't have much time etc...but I made it happen. That's what it is all about. Next time I will remember a change of fresh underwear. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha! I've changed before Janes in my car in several parking lots: twice at a gas station, twice at Bur Mil once at the natural science center. It's tricky when the sports bra is involved. I thought I was going to have to change after Thursday's group because I have to meet my JL transfer group for dinner at Margaritas downtown, but fortunately, Grimsley is close enough to my house. I'm always so paranoid that I'll get stuck in the bra and make some undesirable friends!
Post a Comment