Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon, here we come!

Well, it's official...sort of. We are signing up for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in March!! We will be running a 1/2 marathon THROUGH Walt Disney World! How cool is that? It will be me, ET, AK and our friend LE (don't you love my initials for names?). AK & LE just finished their 1st 5k school and did AWESOME and I don't know HOW I talked them into doing this, but I am so glad they agreed. We are already working on a training plan that is 16 weeks and seems pretty do'able. We have 24 wks till the race so I think we will be good to go.

LE, AK, Me & ET...Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon bound in 6 mths!

Why is it SORT OF official? Well, we have a room booked at Caribbean Beach already (we may switch but I think this is the best choice)...so we are one step in the right direction. We have YET to officially book oursleves into the race...it is halfway full right now so we need to get on it. We are meeting this Sunday night at my house over beer & wine to discuss details like: are we in the right hotel? are we willing to share beds? (AK, lol), can we really do this? training plans, travel arrangements, days off, etc. Let's hope we don't talk ourselves out of it!! (Don't get any ideas girls...NOT an option...me and my OCD'ness will harrass you, as you already know from my 150 gazillion emails to you all!)

I am excited and scared and nervous and all of the above! I know we can do it if we stick with our plan. I do hate that most of our training will be in the cold winter mths, but we will make do. There are lots of nice normal days in the winter in NC. And after running NC hills, that FL flatland will be NOTHIN'! ;)


OH, and ET and I ran w/ the Janes last night...our coach would only let those of us who did the Women's Only on Sat run 1.6 miles! BOO She said we were coming down from a race and needed to get back into running slowly. I have to admit I was not thrilled and neither was ET...but the run was pretty tough. ha We went around the 1.6 mile loop that is Country Park (and it will also be the loop that I have to go around TWICE for the Cannonball Race in 2 weeks ICK) and it took us about 16 mins....which is not bad, since that loop is half of a 5k and 16 mins was HALF of my 5k time form Sat. But I do know that b/c of all the hills that I went slowert than normal, and the 2nd loop around will only be SLOWER. hee...good times!

2 comments:

Mareike said...

You will do it and you will love it. Lot's of meetings over wine and beer ARE a good idea. In the world of racers we call it carbo-loading.

amanda said...

Maybe I'll try that next year! The Country Park loop is the first one I did without any breaks. I think I was charged up by a family crisis, but it definitely got me motivated.

I'm glad your coach said you were still coming down because I had a hard time getting back into my routine on Tuesday. Freddie is trying to get into running with me, so that's a little more fun.

Are you coming on Thursday?