I am running in the GSO Cannonball this wknd...a 5k...2 laps around a big park with, say it with me Lots.Of.Hills.That.Suck!! I am a little worried about my finish time and know I will not PR (beat my best time of 32 mins)....but my biggest worry is coming in dead last. It is a fairly new race so there are NOT lots of runners...maybe 200 MAX in the 5k part. So chances are good that I will be the slowest. I looked at results for the last 2 yrs and the slowest people were only arounb 36-41 min'ish...and I think they were 45 yrs old and above. lol In class, as I metioned before, I did one lap the other week at 16 mins...if I did that x2 it would be 32 mins...but I know I can't keep up that pace for the next grueling lap.o.hills of the race.
Instead I might try THIS to guarantee I am not last!! Think it will work? lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Look at it this way. If you ARE dead last (which I doubt)just think how happy you'll make the person who finishes second to last. You could try that other thing but of course you'd have to be a bit ahead of everyone else to start with.
Post a Comment