Friday, October 10, 2008

leader of the pack? not so much

Last night was to be my first Show & Go where I led the group. ET and I are alternating Thurs's for the next few weeks. Yesterday was gloomy and sort of rainy so I had no idea who would show up. It was 5 till 6:00 when I got out of my car...around 6:00 one lady showed up. She is actually in our Tues group and I had talked to her this week so I sort of knew her. She is maybe close to 50 but athletic...and just started RUNNING in July. We chatted for a while and no one else showed up. So it was just us two. GREAT!

You know what I was thinking...DARN, I am going to have to 1) run and 2) actually TALK with this lady while running...and run around a park with lots of hills.that.suck. So we did our warm ups and set off running. We got around 1 loop that was 2 miles and for some reason I was pretty tired...and then she asked me what my plans were...to run longer or be done...I told her I kind of needed to get home (lie)...but then I realized that didn't make sense since I had signed up to lead this run for like 45 mins, OOPS So then I told her that I could stay longer if she wanted. So we walked about 2 mins trying to decide what to do...ha So then we decided "what the heck" and we went back out for another grueling loop...I started to slow down but we were able to stick together. It wasn't TOO bad talking, but I much preferred when SHE talked. I just kept asking her a lot of open ended questions. And I am SURE she was wondering why this girl who is about to die on these hills is leading a running session. LOL I was wondering the same thing myself by the end. I was hoping NEWBIES would show up and I could jog slow with them. HA

Overall it was great..I was glad she guilted me into staying out there for about 4 miles instead of 2. I feel great today.
Approx Total Mileage YTD: 140

4 comments:

Emily said...

i don't want to go 4 miles next week at my SnG. i did 4 last night and my legs HURT.

thebets said...

Ha...isn't it great how other people can motivate us! Way to stick with it!

amanda said...

We ran with the WORS crowd last night. Freddie came with me. I felt like a ton of bricks. It felt like I was dragging my legs behind me. Maybe it was just a bad day for everyone. I'm glad you were able to get a second wind. I practically had to drag my butt back to Grimsley.

We're signing up for the Turkey Trot in Reidsville. Jim said it's really flat, so I'm stoked!

carla said...

um, yes.

would you come here and guilt me into two miles instead of one?

Im jewish.

I respond WELL to guilt!