Monday, October 13, 2008

more 5+ miles

I went out yesterday NOT wanting to run...and NOT thinking I had time to run. It was about 4:15 and I had people (the future Princess 1/2 Marathon runner ladies) coming to my house at 6:00pm. I needed to do it though and I knew as usual, I would be glad I did it afterwards.

I went and decided I would TRY to go about 5 miles. I did the .2 ish gravel path and then the Grease Alley 3.1 ish mile loop...then another .2 ish gravel path...as I was about to be done I decided on a loop of about 2 miles around Battleground Park. So all in all I went about 5.4 or so. not bad for a nice fall day. And it was pretty easy...1st 3 miles were not fabulous but the last 2.4 were pretty good. I felt strong. It took me 1 hr on the dot...and I was running SLOW most of the time it seemed. So to get to 5 miles it took me about 55 mins, that is an 11 min pace. Then it took me about another 5 mins to do the last .4 Not too bad.

I then had the 1/2 marathon ladies over for pizza, salad, yummy brownies hubbie made, BLL's (Bud Light Lime's) and some weird rotten chardonney (Sorry about that...the bottle was NEW and cold, and must have been from a bad batch.) OOPS We discussed the race and hotel rooms and dates and we are excited! We have decided on 2 hotels rooms...and that we want to stay 2 nights instead of 1. We will stay at the Caribbean on the Disney property which is one of the hotels that is available for the race that has transportation at 5am, lol. Our other options were the Poly (The Polynesian...too expensive for this quick trip, even w/ cast member discount) and All Star Movies...and from general knowledge of Disney resorts and staying on property at least once a yr for 20 some years (wow, I am lucky, hee), we opted not to stay at All Star Movies. And my friend agrees with our choice obviously (how timely, ha). Check out her post a ways down on her blog. So we will stay somewhere a bit nicer. We usually stay at Yacht & Beach or Saratoga Springs in the Villas when we go...but this will be nice too! Can't wait. I think I am signing up today.
WOO
YTD Mileage: 145.5

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

I'm jealous! Sounds like a fun trip!

Sometimes my best runs are the ones that I dread and that start out kind of crappy. And sometimes this weird thing happens around 5 miles. I hit my stride and everything just feels great. My friend says she doesn't even feel good UNTIL the five-mile mark.

It's exciting as the runs get longer and you see how the longer distances feel.