The HARD to Breath is more like it! Why was the "Flat, Straight, Easy" Free to Breathe 5k NOT as advertised? It WAS on a long parkway...and it WAS pretty straight but it was full of gradual hills that you couldn't really SEE but you could FEEL! (and my thighs STILL feel them today!)
We had no official race photographer (hubbies) so this was my staged signature crossing the finish line move...LOL
All of my friends who ran this race thought it was tough...maybe b/c of the WIND, OH the crazy wind...blowing us down practically half the time, then no where to be found later when we needed it...or maybe b/c of the humidity that was out that caused me to have to roll up my short sleeves like a tank top. But it got one more race under our belts.
AK, LE & I...woo!I did ok....same time as the Cannonball which was HILLS HILLS HILLS...so that is weird. And it was fun...even though an 8 yr old girl and her Dad were neck and neck with me the whole time. And I did in the last 1 minute or so pass this girl in our Janes class...who had passed me 1/2 way through the race. So I was glad I was able to boogie past her. I passed her in the Women's Only too so I was thrilled. LOL (Competitive Much?!?!)
All the gals!
My neighborhood friends!
13th in my age group...lol....31:55 time. I'll take it!
Mileage YTD: 187+

1 comment:
That is a great finish time!! Isn't it fun to pass people at the end who passed you??
Post a Comment