Friday, January 30, 2009

new routes...

Nothing like a new route to add some fun and take the funk away. WOOO! I was dreading class last night what with it being dark when it starts and us still having to run the track. So I left work about 15 mins early. I started clocking the miles in my car at what I thought was about 1.75 miles from the track. BINGO. I arrived at the parking lot at 1.8 from where I started tracking. I went straight to the school track parking lot and did my stretching there. Then I took off running….leaving those poor unfortunate souls who were already there trying to get in an early run running around that track.

The route I went is one I drive almost daily…if not daily at least a few times a week. When you drive on roads you never notice the hills. When you run on those same roads? HMM…that’s a different story. But they weren’t too bad. All gradual hills that also went gradually back down. It was nice. I went out to about the 1.75 point and came back in. I finished about 5 mins before the class was to begin at 6. I had already done my run, so I just stayed for the class part. It was starting to get dark and was getting cooler, so it was great that I could leave after the class part where she talked about running stuff.

Woo for me being smart!

Mileage YTD: 27
Total Mileage: 242

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

Smart thinkin'! I love when that happens to me (rarely). :-)