Monday, January 12, 2009

permission to eat???

This run was so hard...we had to run 1/2 mile warmup and then 2.5 more miles...around the boring ole' track. It was hard. The 1/2 mile warm up was ok..but I was going tooo fast for a warm up. Then we got to where we were to start our 2 miles. I slowed down BIG time...eventually old people were passing me...and people who are normally behind me were blowing by me. I had run out of steam...I was basically JOGGING and kind of digging my toes into the ground with each step. It was soo weird. I basically did not have any energy to get around the track. I ended up going about 2.75 that night though.

After the run I was talking to some friends there. We were all discussing our runs and I mentioned that I just could barely do it. One girl said "well no wonder with you only eating 1,200 - 1,300 some calories a day." Another girl who is a pharmacist and it hink also went to nursing school said "GIRL, now wonder!! You lost steam...you did not have enough food in your stystem to get you through the run...you need some carbs and need to eat more on run days."

hmm....she was right. I had not even THOUGHT about that!! Since last Monday I had cut my food intake in half. I was still eating...and eating healthy stuff. A shake in the AM...grapes or a banana for a snack...a lean cusine for lunch....apple or carrots with dip for afternoon snack...and a "sensible dinner". But it was only about 1,300 cals a day. OOPS Definitely not enough to allow me to run. No wonder!! DUH...and I know this...but I just wasn't thinking about it. So that made me feel better...better to know I just hadn't totally lost it and could not run anymore.
Girlfriend needs to eat. yeah, good news! lol

2009 Mileage: 8
Total Mileage: 223+

No comments: