Have I mentioned before that I am SICK of the cold weather?? It is horrible. I just DO NOT want to go out in it...and I loathe the dreadmill and can't run more than 2 miles confortably on that thing. UGH
I went to the beach last Thurs eve with some girlfriends and stayed till Sunday. I did not run once. I walked 3 miles...that's it. But it was so cold and windy. So I guess I can include that mileage on my shoes?? what about on mileage YTD? I will do it anyway. HA
But the weather...I mean come in...20's, 30's & low 40's STINK...even just going from home, to car to office to car to store etc etc. So it needs to get warm again fast or I am gonna have issues. I was doing so well last fall till it got cold. I mean if I haven't mentioned it BEFORE (LOL) I ran a 10k in Oct for goodness sake!!! ;) I mean that is not a marathon or anything but it IS an accomplishment. And I haven't run 6 (OR even 5) miles since! SLACKER. It is the weather's fault.
SOO, this afternoon I will run...in what Ithink what will be about 45'ish or lower weather. UGH But not too bad considering I have run in 25 degree temps a few times. As long as it is not windy (which is HAS been) I will be OK. And I have not run since Tuesday last week. One week. This should be interesting. Although I have done some of my longer runs when I have had excessive time between my last run and that run. But with the cold I think I will just want to get home sooner. I will try my 4 mile route and see what happens.
And I KNOW some of you who read this go out and run EVERY DAY in 20 degree or less temps...you people are DIE HARD and I am impressed. I wouldn't even get out fo BED if I had to deal with those temps ALL winter and didn't get the weird NC springlike weather break every few weeks. Great job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Have you noticed I've been ignoring your comments about running? :) I have only run twice since the Women's Only. I'm okay with it though. I got the new job and the time changed right afterward and I haven't been able to get it together. I'm planning on starting over as it warms up a bit. Just the fact that I did it once gives me confidence that I can do it again.
Post a Comment