Saturday, April 11, 2009

do I blame it on the skirt?

Wore my new skirt today..for the 1st time...and WHY was this the 1st time when I got it over a week ago? Well my friends...I haven't been out running in 10 days...TEN DAYS! And boy was it a rude awakening today.

But here are my excuses:
*5 miler about 10 days ago on a Tues
* kick bootie class at the gym on Wed that barely allowed me to WALK much less RUN until Sunday
* Sunday I got suited up in my new skirt...went to the club to pick up hubbie and ended up staying and eating food on the patio with friend
*Monday OG had a make-up soccer game
*Tues I had dinner planes for a reunion w/ HS friends
*Wed...I THINk it was raining.
*Thurs - rain
*Fri more rain

You will prob say then...get up and run in the AM...and I will respond "umm...NO". I have to get every spare hr of sleep. I cannot get up early.

Oh well. So I finally went out today...planning an easy 3 just to get back in the groove. I decided at .8 I did not want to be there and turned around. 1.6...pitiful. I am mad at myself. I will never take that much time off again. Will maybe try again tomorrow.

But hey...the skirt works...it did well....the shorts are not as long as I would like them to be but I think they will cover enough. If I ever get back into longer runs I will let you know how they do.

No comments: