Last night I was supposed to help the Janes on the Run group with a Show & Go. I was excited about it and looked forward to it. Well, I got there and our coach was there working w/ a 10k group and pace group....only 1 person showed up for the S&G. So we kind of hung out w/ the Janes group...warmed up...then Liz (the coach) mentioned for us to come back after the run b/c she might need our help. So me & the other person ended upgoing out and back 2 miles total. Fine with me, an easy run...it was warm...I am guessing almost 80? Or so my car said.
But we came back...ended up not needing to help but we got to chat with Liz a bit about life, running etc. Turns out she is going to start a blog! yeah!! How great! A Janes blog! I told her I would love to help out and she was surprised to know that I blogged and even had a running blog that kept up w/ EVERY.SINGLE.RUN.I.HAVE.EVER.DONE. But this will be cool...I love reading about running and writing about running and sending people to her for her running school. And I am a BIG, HUGE Janes promoter! Since I found out about the Janes last year, I think I have sent about 20+ people to her classes. She jokes that she wishes she could afford to hire me one day...lol...I wish she could too. How cool would that be!! To be a Janes marketing person? I would SOOO dig that! But anyway...for now I will just settle for helping build the Janes up as much as I can. I heard someone say the other day that "the best sales people are the PROMOTERS...the ones who really love what they are selling and believe in it so much that they just PROMOTE it rather than sell it".
So anyway...if Liz starts her blog I look forward to being involved with that...I have some great ideas for Guest Blogging posts....running skirts? Sissy or Comfy?...Galloway method or not? ...to chaf or not to chaf?...a Newbie takes on the Couch to 5k...ha. j/k Anyway, I know she is getting some starting out help from Runner Dude. He is cool and very funny!. (Hey runnerdude!!) Go visit him and tell him I sent you. He actually found me on atlinks (a cool site btw) after I signed up...and he welcomed me b/c he saw we are from the same town. We chatted a bit, and I found out he knew Liz, then I saw his blog, which is one of my new faves. He & Liz are friends so he talked her into a blog. Fun Fun! All the weird connections out there are amazing!
And btw...I am slowly but surely catching up from taking 2 wks (ick) off runnning...that stunk...I am slow, my miles are low and it was just an all around bad move! My mileage this mth is probably going to be around 22 miles. HA Pitiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't wait to read the Janes blog! How exciting! I like you post ideas.
I'm glad you are getting out there in these crazy April temperatures!
Post a Comment