I noticed when I went back to read this blog to see how far I had come (and I have come a LONG way since the end of April) that I used to number each run....2nd solo run....4th Jane's group run....week 7. Then one day I ...well...stopped. No reason why...it just happened. I guess that is a good thing. I just kind of got into the new runners groove and it didn't seem so much as a test of "can I do it?" but more of a "this is just something I do".
There comes a point in every mission when I guess it just becomes normal...the newness wears off, you get into your own and you just do it. I am so glad I am there with running.
Last nights run was good. I for some reason did NOT WANT TO GO....I stepped onto my front lawn and out into the street and thought "ICK!" I was once again, tired and my legs hurt about 3 mins into it. I looked at my watch after 4 mins and thought UGH! But somewhere, as usual, around the 8-10 min mark...it just all settled in. I went a similar route that I went on Monday but went a little further out and came back another way. When I went to www.mapmyrun.com to see how far I went, it was aboutt he same as Monday...2.5 miles. BOOO it took me about 28.5 mins...I was being slow. But I was moving, that's all that matter.
Oh well. I mapped out 3.2 on mapmyrun and I think I will try that maybe Sunday. I know I can do it...I mean I DID run a 5k on July 4th, ha...which I STILL cannot believe. But I think no matter what your route, you are always BEAT and cannot go ONE MORE STEP when you hit the starting point. I mean, I got to my driveway last night after finishing and stopped dead in my tracks. I thought I could not go any farther. But I do know, if I DID have to go farther, I could have. And that my friends...is why I keep running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wish I would have read this before I ran today! We could have done 3.2 together! Oh well.. Wanna go on Wednesday? Or Tues?
Glad you are still runnin'..
I got your comment, but can't seem to get a comment to go through. I would love more info on the 5K running school that starts next week. Thanks!
Post a Comment