Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beach Running...not lovin' it

So this wknd I was supposed to start running 4 miles...I knew it would be hard, but I thought I would try. Friday was our OFF day or rest day...then we were supposed to run 4 miles on Saturday. Well, we left at 7am for the beach...so I got in no AM runnning...we were on the beach all day and family arrived and we had a huge (BAD FOR YOU) dinner...so no, I didn't run. BUT I planned on getting up and running about 7am or so. HMMM....Well, 5:30 am rolled around...I had a headache...and said FORGET IT to the early AM run....and I slept till about 9am. I am on vacation so who cares.

I did venture out to the beach for about 4 hrs...then returned and had a light (BAD FOR YOU) snack. Then decided I should try to run. Oh and this was after I decided to ride the beach bike around the neighborhood earlier in the AM. They say riding a bike is easy...you never forget how to do it no matter how many years it has been. What they don't say or remind you of is that your BUTT will forget the pain...and your inner thighs will HURT if you haven't ridden a bike in years. NOT fun. But it was neat tooling around the beach community.

SO later that afternoon I set out to run...I knew it would be hard to do 4 miles...much less my normal 3, but I figured I would try. Well, it was HOTTT and MUGGY and not a runable day. I ended up going for 15 minutes. SO basically 1.25 miles...PATHETIC. And I knew I was in trouble when at 10 mins I was heading back home...ha. I will try again tomorrow to do something. NOT AM running, and not 3 or 4 miles....but something. But I just can't run well here. BOO I suppose I could walk/run....but if I can't run full out, I usually don't want to do it.
Either way, I will be running Thurs for class....which means I prob shouldn't run Wed. Maybe Tuesday evening after we return home. I am bummed...I was excited about working my way up to 4. But I will be there soon enough.

1 comment:

tamblair said...

You're on vacation... enjoy yourself!! There's plenty of time for four miles when you get home!!