HMM, I might be excited...I THINK I ran 10 minute miles last night for 3 miles. WOOT I almost don't believe it...but I almost don't believe it when I do anything good in running...I ran 3 miles? NO WAY!!, I must have skipped part of the route...I ran 4 miles? NOW WAY!!! The mileage must be off...I ran over 5 miles? NO WAY, I must have calculated wrong....I ran 3 miles at a 10 min mile pace when I thought I was an 11.5/12 min mile girl? NO WAY
BUT...apparently I did. I wasn't sure of the exact distance, but our coach said it was 3 miles. And that seemed about right based on the ways we went. And she said that part of it that we ran last night (Grease Alley) was 1.2...I had been counting Grease Alley as 1 mile (just going one way), and thinking it took me about 12 mins to run it. So all this time I was short changing myself. I had been running LONGER and FASTER than I thought. At least I hope. Everyone seems to have different ideas of how long some routes are...one say a big loop is 1.8, someone else says it is 1.9....someone else says if you add on another half of another loop to the loop you are going 2.5, others say 2.25. Whatever.
ET ran the route in less time than me...I would even say she was close to a minute ahead of me? What do you think Em? So good job for her. And the nice thing was, the group was all together last night....we weren't all spread out....so we were running as a TEAM sort of. But of course the speed demons (fast ones/six pack ones) weren't there...but that's ok. I think there were 12 of us in our pack...I was 2nd to last, LOL...but it was fine. And that lady behind me on my tale kept me going. Nothing like a shark behind you to get ya swimmin'! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I definitely think it was 3 miles..er, it feels like it today!
You weren't quite a minute behind me.. I'd say 30 seconds. When I turned around you were RIGHT.THERE.
I think we all did good last night. There was great camaraderie which I don't think we've had AT ALL this time. I think when you run in pacs like that you run faster too.
Good job, sista! I wish you could go tomorrow.
Wow, what a nice run! You WILL get faster and faster and it's a great feeling!
Your group sounds like so much fun. I hope the girl behind you wasn't sad to be last. The neatest thing about running is we have to all just "run our own race" and not worry about the people around us.
Post a Comment