HMM, OK, so I recently added to my sidebar races I have run in and races I want to run in. The next one was to be 8/30, the Hoppin' Fun Super Hero 5k Run....kind of a long name, and hard to say...but I thought it would be fun. Everyone runs from the big baseball stadium all around downtown and back to the stadium where they then get free tickets to the baseball game....a stadium full of sweaty runners....AWESOME! lol
So, I was ready to sign up...emailed some friends to do it with me...then realized it starts at about 4:30 in the afternoon at the end of August...downtown amongst concrete, pavement and the HOTNESS that is any downtown in the south in the summer. So um, NO, I will NOT be doing this race. Sorry Charlie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The concept sounded fun at least! They should move it to late September or something. Maybe you can go watch. Sounds like costumes will be involved.
yes, they want people to dress up...then go attend a baseball game with thouusands of other folks dressed nicely. LOL
Post a Comment