Hmm. that sounds funny....kind of like I am a "Classy" runner...running in my AT Loft outfit with pearls and using my best manners....well hhhm, now that I think about it...my standard running earring is a pair of drop pearls with lever backs. Not to look "classy" or "fancy" but just b/c I feel naked without earrings and they are lightweight...and b/c they are lever backs there is no chance of them falling out. I even ran my 1st 5k in pearl earrings...which I remember someone making fun of but too bad. They are part of my outfit.
I digress.
So last night I ran with class....with MY class...running class (wearing pearls). We went, we ran (just under 3 miles in 19 mins 42 secs for me) it was HOT and HILLY (is that a word? is it hilly or hilley?) and NOT FUN. I was NOT 2nd from last to come in this time, there were more people behind me so that was good. Some people who were not there last week were here this wk and they are slower than me so that is always good too. ha Competitive much?
But toward the end when the hills came on and I was wanting to quite some people were gaining on me...older and bigger people. They were struggling too...but I didn't want them to pass me. I don't care if people pass me in the begining but I don't like people passsing me at the end for some reason. Especially people who had been WAYYY behind me but caught up. B/c that means I am slowing down. So they caught up with me...we sort of chatted. This one lady had lost 5o lbs in the past yr with diet and exercise...and she works at CRACKER BARREL! She is a regional manager but is at the stores/restaurants a few days a week. She says their hosue salad is really goo...but the chicken greast is marinated in some Italian dressing so it is not as low cal as we aall may think. Good to know. And KUDOS to HER. So I chatted with her and her older friend...and we made it to the end. We actually sort fo sprinted up the hill in the last 30 secs to make it in under 10 mins....and even though it was not quite 3 miles (I prob should have run another minute or so to make it 3) it was a good run. Still it bewilders me how I can run close to 5.5 miles one day and could have gone farther...and on class days we only run 3 miles (b/c of time) and it about kills us. I really do think it is the heat. And maybe we run faster with the group so that wears us out. Either way it is weird (I know I say that all the time).
Then rain is on its way...so I need to figure out a running plan for the wknd. I guess I could do the treaadmill at the Y. Our membership there is up 9/15...and our new gym at the club does not open till Mid Oct...so I hope for a dry early fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Girl, you are getting so fast! I think we definitely tend to run faster in a group (and when we haven't eaten pad thai!). It's just so much more motivating.
:-)
Post a Comment