Monday, January 12, 2009

enjoyable Sunday run

I did not run Saturday...life, as usual just got in the way. I did go out sunday afternoon about 1:00 for a nice run in maybe 50 degree themps. It felt great. I wore long pants and a thin jacket...but did not need ear covers or gloves. I stapped on my handy Garmin and headed out at the park on one of my fave loops. I was pretty sure the look was about a 5k distance.

Firts I went from the parking lot of the park down a .2 gravel path...then onto a stretch I have mentioned before called Grease Alley (a greenway that runs behind a few restaurants, a vet, and a auto body type shop). then i went from there through and area by a rec center and some tennis courts and soccer fields and into Country Park (where thr Cannonball 7 Gobbler were held). I went around the back way of the park (which is normally the UPHILL home stretch heading the opposite direction for the races) so i got to do a little downhill for a while...then I hit some uphill. Then I cut over into the Battleground park and got back up tot he gravel path...about 20 feet from where I began my little Garmin said 3.1 miles. PERFECT!! Couldn't have planned it better.

The downside was that Garmin ALSO said it took me 38:45 mins!!
WHAT!!???? LOL That was 7+ mins MORE than it took me to run 3.1 on Thanksgiving in the Gobbler. And 3 mins more than it took me to run 3.1 on New Years Day (which was an AWFUL SLOW RACE). However, I did not let that get me down....the weekend before the Gobbler I had gone out for an enjoyable slow run of the course...it took me 36 mins...but it was just casual and enjoyable. And then I ran the race on that same course 4 days later on Thansgiving in 31:35. So no biggie I guess...it was not a race yesterday...just a nice run in some nice weather in mid January in NC. I'll take it.

2009 Mileage: 10.95
Total Mileage: 226+

1 comment:

Susan D. said...

Charlie has had some problems with his garmin over in that area and also on cloudy days. The satellite seems to cut off & on, so maybe you ran further!?!