Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolution Run 5k...woah, I DEFINITELY have lost it!

22 degrees...10am...New Years Day...35:50 time. UM yeah, I said it. That was my exact same time at my FIRST 5k in the July 4th heat! My LAST 5k at the Gobbler on Thanksgiving was 31:35! I was over 4 mins behind on my New Years day run. LOL Lordy me!

OK, so I blame a LOT of I on the cold (yeah, you trying running in 22 degree weather and see what it does to your time)...and the fact that a few hundred people were running on a trail/paved greenway no more than maybe 6 feet or so wide,and it was crowded....but I do know a lot of it had to do with lack of training since Thanksgiving. It is amazing how fast you lose it. Time to get back on the stick.

Tomorrow, Monday January 5th we start the annual good eating/working out/treating our bodies right routine. Which NORMALLY lasts about 3 wks or less. oops. This yr we will keep it up. We have gorged since New Years day on sushi, calamari, wings with extra blue cheese, fountain cokes (YUM), garlic mashed potatoes, movie theatre popcorn, hamburgers, fried seafood, Brueggers bagels, etc. I THINK we have gotten it out of our system. Or at least I hope so. Because come tomorrow...we are health nuts!!

Mileage YTD 2009: 3.1

1 comment:

amanda said...

I thought your post would make me feel motivated, but instead I just feel HUNGRY! :)