Today marks the 1 yr point of my 1st run and my adventure into running. I cannot BELIEVE I made it a year! I have never stuck with ANYTHING over a year. Don't belive me? Let's recap shall we???
Brownies - less than a yr
Ballet - 8 wks
Ballet again - 6 mths
Violin - 3rd grade for a few mths
Acting - a few plays here and there every few mths for less than a yr
Swimming - one race one summer
Swimmimg again - one practice swim in HS one time
Gym - buy a yr membership, go 20 times
P90X - well, we know how that worked out...2x's maybe? ha
So one whole year - I have been running 1 yr! And I am so glad I have stayed with it. I think/hope I will be a runner for life. If I can make it through a freezing winter and 25 degree temps...and a scortching summer with 95 degree temps, I can continue this. Although in the past week the temps have already been in the high 80's...in April people! NOT fun! But I will keep it going. I have not been as many miles in the past 4 mths as I would have like to have gone (I have MANy excuses and will not bore you with them here)...but I will make up for that this next yr. I am proud of myself for finally accomplishing something cool.
12 months + 9 races + 325 miles + 2 pairs of shoes = a sense of accomplishment!
Edited to add:I ran 3 miles on Wed, April 29th...this would be day 1 into my 2nd yr of running but I wanted to post it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
GOOD FOR YOU!! I'm so happy you have stuck with it. You are a runner!
Post a Comment