I googled "running skirts" and came up with of course the Target brand, and lots of other brands by companies like Running Skirts and Athleta . Most of them though had short shorts underneath that were too short to avoid chafing...or they had briefs. Not for me. And I would LOVE to be able to wear a pair of cool nice thin running shorts...but until I get this tigh issue taken care of, those are not an option. PLUS, I hear many a runner complaining that they ride up anyway. I don't want to be fidgeting w/ my shorts the whole time.
So, in my quest for the best skirt I came upon some raving fans of a company called Atalanta . They have a skirt called The Commitment Skirt that seemed just for me. At $54 (YIKES) it is twice + what I would pay for a Target skirt but it seems like the perfect find. And I will prob wear it a few times a wk rather than alternating. Its shorts underneath are longer (no chafing, yeah!) than normal shorts and it comes with POCKETS!! For things like gels & cell phones!! SOOO...I purchased, and it arrived last week.

I ran last on last tues (oops)....my reasoning is b/c took a killer class at the gym on Wed and was not able to walk normally till Sunday. I laced up Sunday and put on my snazzy skirt and headed up to meet hubbie w/ OG at the club (long story but he did not have his car and was stranded there playing golf)...when we got there he was not done yet so we called some friends...they joined us and we decided to lounge on the patio waiting for the hubbies/daddies...needless so say some chicken sliders, fried pickles & lots of their yummy sweeet tea got in my way of a run. OOPS again! Oh well...not sure when I will run again...OG has soccer tonight...I have a dinner plan tomorrow....other commitments Wed....rut row!
BUT...when I do go out I will wear the skirt and report back. :) We are supposed to have a few cold snaps (I love that phrase...cold snaps) this week...so it may be a few days., But I will let you know. And thanks to Of Running & Parenting for her post about her skirt b/c it reminded me I wanted to post about the same thing but forgot! We bought the same skirt at the same time and seem to have the same chafing issue...we are meant to be friends!! :) Except she is about to run a marathon and I...hmm...I am just running.

1 comment:
Yes, we are meant to be friends... great minds think alike! I still haven't tried mine out. It's been too cool in the mornings when I've run. I think we have the same pink or light blue Target tank from last summer (I seem to recall you wore it in a race that you posted a picture of and I commented "I have that same shirt!"). So, we can be total twinkies.
Great job with the 5-miler the other day!
Post a Comment