My leg pain was gone and I ventured out again last night...for 5 miles. I did the Grease Alley 3 mile loop and the Battleground Park 2 mile loop (if you add in an extra gravel path it makes it 2 miles for those of you who are out there saying "that loop is only 1.8" ha). It was a slow but enjoyable run. I did not want to quit...and therefore I didn't. My Asics behaved theselves on our 2nd date so there will be more dates in our future.
I still had a little trouble on the beast hill on Grease Alley behind the stinky Applebee*s and Herbies restaurants...in addition to that hill being a BEAST, it like greasy food at that point, as I think I have mentioned before, ick. So I am always having to hold my nose or put my shirt over my nose when passing. And of course the beast hill is there so I practically slow to a walk at that part and it takes forever to get past the smell. HA.
Then there was the beast hill 2 at Battleground Park. He was particulary beasty last night...but I heard peeps on my tail so I could not stop...plus, we all know I don't like stopping to walk, so that was not an option. And good thing I didn't stop...b/c at the top of the hill there was a group of Janes on the Run newbies. Quelle Horreur if they saw me walking! lol Especially since I knew a few of them and they say that I inspired them to get running and are proud of all the running I do etc. LOL That would have been a hoot! So vain...I know. Shoot me.
Anyway...7 miles on the Asics and I think I like them. My toes were a little tingly to start w/ when I put them on but I think I tied them too tight.
And...b/c I know you LOOOVE to keep up with me...I now have my mileage stats to the right on my sidebar. I am no longer gonna put them in every post. So if you want to see how slack of a runner I am being, check over there to the right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love my asics!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my first 5k! :)
Post a Comment