
I was a little concerned b/c the race didn't start until 8:30. And I remembered last year being HOT. But I think at the start of the race it was maybe high 60's? By the time we were done maybe low 70's? NICE. I liked that. And as last year, the streets were lined with HUNDREDS of people waiting for the 4th parade to begin. Sitting all decked out in red, white & blue...eating biscuits (ick) and just watching us. Barely anyone was cheering (which sucked)...but it was interesting to have spectators.
I felt a little sluggish on the way out...on the way in I felt better. I picked it up in the last 5 mins or so and was able to pass a few peeps I knew. I liked that. I ended up finishing only 1 minute faster that last yr. And still over 3 mins slower than my Gobbler time in November. Oh well...at least I finished. It was a good fairly easy race. I am so used to running 4-6 miles now, that it was nice to go only 3. And ACTUALLY this race is 3.2 for some weird reason!! I was on a kick last yr after this race thinking a 5k was 3.2 miles till ET told me it was just 3.1, HA. Not sure where I got that at the time...now I know. From THIS race. It was listed last yr and this yr a 5k but also as 3.2. My Garmin said it was 3.18 I think. An actual 5k is 3.1. SOO, maybe since I am slow and take over a minute to go .1, I can knock a minute or so off this race time? HA I am always trying to make excuses..same with last weeks 10k, that race was TOTALLY over 6.2!! ;)

And 2 friends of mine who are totally non runners ran in this race...after all my running, they thought maybe they should give it a try. I convinced them to do the Janes class this spring and this was their big 1st race. So proud of them for finishing!


2 comments:
I think we need to have a DNA test run to make sure this is the same daughter I used to have, who would sleep til noon every weekend and watch "soaps" all day long. Could there have been an alien body swap?
lol...I am beginning to wonder myself Daddy!
Post a Comment