Tuesday, July 28, 2009

running alone, not so bad

I have gotten used to running 3 days a week with my crazy girls. It scares me when I have to run with out them. I am afraid I won't get through it. Today was a run without them day. Hubbie was out of town so I missed the 5:45 AM run. But I got up at 6:20, got OG out the door and at school by 7am, and went running at 7:15. I just missed my group leaving by about 25 mins. LOL

I did GA, across to the .5 at the visitor center, down Old Battleground to LB and out LB till I was where I knew would have been about 2.25 from the start of GA (minus the .5). So 2.25 x 2 (out and back) + .5 in the Visitor Center = 5 miles.

I didn't think in the beginning I was going to make it. There was junk all over the paths from the storm the night before. My legs and whole body felt HEAVY. And I was tired at around 1.3. NICE. I also realized I had no GU or beans before I went out. I like to do SOMETHING if I am over about 4+ miles. I did manage to find those little gummy orange slice thingies covered in sugar in our house. LOL Those did the trick...sugar sugar sugar! Plus I had my PB sandwich for breakfast and added honey to help. HA

I planned to run tomorrow AM also but just realized it is supposed to storm all day. BOO. Guess that plan is out.

1 comment:

MOMMY-MOMO said...

i love running alone! I hear you on the support. i guess bc the majority of my runs are with the jogger and a toddler i love alone time hehe