What? 8.5, no biggie? Well really it wasn't. So weird. It was great actually. As with almost EVERY run, the first 2-3 miles are not always enjoyable...but definitely everything after 3.5 was just fine. I refilled my water twice during the 1st 5 miles...but only stopped for enough time to fill it in a water foutain...10 secs tops both times? So I don't consider that a STOP or WALK. And I also GU'ed at 3.5 (chocolate w/ caffeine)
Then at 5 miles I filled my bottle at the tennis center, dumped it on myself again like last week, filled it agian and DID wait for my running partner of the day to get some gatorade at her car (while standing there tapping my toe for her to HURRY UP!). I didn't want to wait but I wanted to be nice and not leave her. Besides, she was going to give me another GU (Orange this time...with caffeine!). So off we were again after a little sidebar I was not too thrilled about. But anyway, 3.5 more miles to go...I could tell after we went up the GA hill that I was going to lose her. She was tired and said that at this part last week that she had walked most of it. Hmm...to leave or not to leave? I tried to go slow to stay with her but then she just got too slow...and my 2nd GU was kicking in...and this Momma had to run. She told me to go on...and I did. So I did basically the last 3.2 miles or so alone. I did pass a few of our 1/2 girls here and there in the .5 visitor center loop who decided to go the backwards through there...and I did pass by a few old Janes training for the 10k class. So it wasn't bad. My GU was giving me SUPER energy! It was crazy. And I ended up knocking 3 mins off my 8.5 time from last week. NICE!
Next week is back down to 6 miles on Saturday. Since I will be on a cruise next Saturday, I will probably do 6 on Thursday...and will need to find somewhere before Thurs to fit in what would normally be next Thursday's 5 miler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment