Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ahhh, sleeping in!

Did I miss my 5:45 AM run today? YES. And was I happy about it? YES. And did I pretty much pre-plan to miss it before I went to bed? YES.

I didn't sleep well and kept waking up because I was soo torn. Thinking I needed to just get up and get it done and I would be so happy with myself when it was over...just like every day I run that early. I woke at about 4:45, then again at 5:45. Too late. Rolling over and going back to sleep was wonderful. And I am now SOO over this early AM running. It is great when it is over but I am starting to dread it before it starts. Seven more weeks...I think I can make it. But once this 1/2 is over I am SOO done with the AM runs.

The good thing is that it has been unseasonably cool since Saturday here in NC. Today was low 80's maybe? So after a long day of off site meetings (5 of them...yeah ME!) I went for a run alone. 4.5 miles...not too bad. A little slow as I did not have the group to push me, but it was ok.

Done and done. Tomorrow? Hill workout that our coach has threatened us with our lives if we don't attend. Beware the rath of Liz! :) We lOVE you Liz!

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

It happens! It is so unnatural to wake from a dead sleep, put on your shoes, and stumble out the door. I've done it once this summer and that was at 6:15. I'm LOVING this cooler weather (even cooler in TN maybe), but the kids have been wanting to go the pool and it's actually too chilly!