I had to run twice while in FL. You already know about day 1. Day 2 - hmm...you don't know about it, b/c I have been dreading even mentioning it. So I will make it short (as in SHORT like the run was). I went out for 3 miles...ended up doing maybe .5...yes.5...as in POINT 5 ...as in half a mile!! I went a total of 1.2 on my trek...all but .5 of that was walking. YEP.
I slept in so it was after 8 when I went out. It was hot, humid, my legs were heavy...and I just could not move. And I was done. I kept trying to get myself over the hump...but it didn't work and I quit. And I was fine with it (sort of). So that's it.
Now for the long run that really WAS a long run: Since we were traveling home on Saturday I missed the first long run with my 1/2 group. So I had to run Sunday at 7:15am. Luckily 2 others joined me who had also missed on Saturday. The run was 6.5 miles. I did it, but it took FOREVER. I had pain and was tired and again...heavy legs. I also think the 10+ lbs I have gained since right after Mom died are holding me back. I think if I lost the weight I would be so much better. (as mentioned in previous post)
And once again...the plantar faciiatis pain is back. Oh wait...I haven't mentioned my PF yet? Well, the Fri we left for FL I had serious pain after my 6 mile run. Could barely walk on my left heel/foot for a few days. I googled it (isn't that how we diagnose EVERYTHING??!!) and that is what it seemed to be. I described it to my coach and she agreed. So she is going to give me some rehab exercises on wed...but until then, I suffer. Tomorrow should be an interesting 3 mile run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment